Defford Airfield Heritage Weekend 2013
14th and 15th September, 2013
National Trust, Croome Park, Worcestershire, WR8 9DW
10am to 5pm each day. FREE ADMISSION. Free Parking. Gates open 9am Saturday.
Ground-based Displays and Exhibits, around historic WW2 RAF buildings, painstakingly restored by the National Trust. Vital development and proving of airborne radar 1942-1957, was carried out by RAF, Fleet Air Arm and US aircrews working with scientists and engineers at Defford Airfield, the secret aerodrome in the grounds of Croome Park.
- RAF Red Arrows formation fly past open shows 10.00 on Saturday. Gates open at 09.00 on Saturday Sept. 14th, 10.00 Sunday Sept. 15th. Finish 17.00 both days.
- BBMF Lancaster fly past 11.45 Saturday
- Canberra WK128 cockpit and nose section. Veterans re-united with their Canberra, 11.00 Saturday (photocall)
- Hunter F6 XF383 cockpit open
- History of RAF Defford and its achievements
- Defford Airfield Heritage Group display – people, ‘planes and flying 1942-1957
- Malvern Radar & Technology History Soc. display – History of Airborne Radar
- Shop, stalls, refreshments, self-service restaurant.
- Pershore ATC
- RAF re-enactments
- Follow RAF Walk, view of airfield and sites.
- RAF Defford Reunion (informal), veterans gather from 1100 Saturday 14th
- FREE ADMISSION
- FREE PARKING
- National Trust Croome Park – Reception and Car Park area. Sat Nav WR8 9DW
- From M5, jn 8 to M50 jn 1, take A38 north, then A4104 east, follow NT brown signs to Croome Park.
- From A44, take A4104 south through Pershore, B4084 west out of Pershore, follow NT brown signs to Croome Park.
- Contact: National Trust Visitor Services 01905 371006.