RAF Defford Heritage Weekend in 2015 took place on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th July.
Time: 10am – 5pm Location: National Trust Croome Park, Worcestershire, WR8 9DW
This year the event was organised by the National Trust with support from DAHG. Activities were not confined to the RAF site at Croome but will extend into the Park and to The Court.
The National Trust Croome page contains further information about the site, including travel directions.* The Croome Event diary entry can be found here. There is also a National Trust Facebook Event Page here (and Twitter, here.)
- Photocall for Veterans who served at RAF Defford, at 11.00 on the Saturday (July 11th)
- DAHG marquees – one large, one smaller – next to the ‘RAF Canteen’ building
- Re-enactors in different areas on the RAF site and in The Park, including the newly restored Ambulance Garage, open to the public for the first time
- Spitfire fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- RAF Defford Museum, in the splendidly restored former Decontamination Annexe, open all day
- DAHG and Malvern Radar & Technology History Society marquee
- ATC cadets
- ‘Remember the Fallen’ display
- 1940s Wedding Exhibition in Croome Church
- Bertha the YMCA Tea Car selling drinks and snacks
- Live Music performances, vintage market and more!
Admission free to National Trust members.
For more information on the event, contact Becky Wilks of the National Trust at Croome (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/croome/) on 01905 370005 or e-mail Becky.Wilks@nationaltrust.org.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org
* PLEASE NOTE – The road from High Green to Croome is CLOSED until September. Follow the diversion signs which will bring you into Croome via Defford village and Besford. For more information, see this map on the National Trust website.