The formal Opening Ceremony for the RAF Defford Museum took place on Saturday September 27th. The opening was marked by a speech from Lord Flight, after which the Honorary President of DAHG, Albert Shorrock, cut the ribbon to declare the Museum open. Over 150 guests of DAHG and the National Trust assembled to tour the new Museum.
The Museum opened its doors to the public on Sunday, September 28th. It is now open to visitors to Croome seven days a week, from 10.30 to 16.30 each day (16.00 in winter). There is no additional charge for admission to the Museum for visitors to Croome Park (free to members of the National Trust, charges apply for non-members). The site has free car parking, and nearby visitor facilities include the Restaurant (‘RAF Canteen’) and Shop, and when weather permits, light refreshments from our 1941 YMCA Tea Car, ‘Bertha’.
Find out more on the Visiting the Museum page.