The National Trust at Croome Park, is participating in National Heritage Weekend Sept. 8th/9th in 2012. Croome Park is the base of the Defford Airfield Heritage Group (DAHG). Defford Airfield was built partly on the landscaped parkland. Some of the RAF buildings survive in the Park and have breen restored by the present owners, the National Trust. Over the weekend Sept. 8th/9th, Croome Park will be open to all admission free, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Through the weekend, DAHG will have a display and exhibition, telling the story of ‘The Secret Airfield’ and its great national significance and historic importance. The airborne radar developed and proven by flying trials at Defford, played a key role in the Allies’ victory in the Second World War. The Open Weekend is a great opportunity for National Trust members and non-members alike, to learn about ‘The Secret Airfield’, and perhaps meet some of the surviving veterans who served there.
- RT @NTCroome: Preserving the history of Defford Airfield @DeffordAirHG is an official @nationaltrust supporter group of Croome https://t.co… 4 days ago
- RT @NTCroome: Join one of Croome's guided RAF Walks @DeffordAirHG on Tues 26th Sep or Sun 1st Oct ow.ly/3llo30eKJq6 Booking is essent… 1 week ago
- RT @NTCroome: Our #RAF museum reveals the once secret story of RAF Defford ow.ly/obBm309ffg5 @DeffordAirHG #WW11 https://t.co/mvRbiKZ… 2 months ago
- RT @SeaVixenGCVIX: fb.me/yh0Y5BaD 2 months ago
- RT @DrDJW: Completion of the RAF Defford Museum at Croome @NTCroome @DeffordAirHG with the arrival of Cold War displays this week. https://… 2 months ago