The RAF Defford Reunion this year will be on Saturday September 10th, meeting in the National Trust Restaurant at Croome in the restored RAF buildings from 11.00 a.m. This year the event will be strictly informal, an opportunity for veterans, their families, friends and supporters to get together for a chat and see the latest moves to preserve the memory of RAF Defford at Croome. These will include photo displays and other exhibits organised by the Defford Airfield Heritage Group. Meals, food and drink for purchase will be available in the normal way in the self-service restaurant. September 10th is the National Heritage Day which means Croome Park and Croome Court will be open free to non-members of the National Trust. For further information nearer the time, contact Graham Evans on 01684 295327.
- RT @NTCroome: Discover the secrets of the #WW11 airbase, now our visitor centre at Croome ow.ly/EcBa309feVd @DeffordAirHG #RAF #Museu… 3 days ago
- Great progress from back in October on WD686, the last plane to fly out of RAF Defford in 1958 #aviation twitter.com/bdacatoldsarum… 2 weeks ago
- Great interview with volunteer Robert. twitter.com/ntcroome/statu… 3 weeks ago
- RT @NTCroome: Some of the #WW11 buildings, once the Sick Quarters for the RAF Defford airbase still remain at Croome https://t.co/h6WzJufPp… 3 weeks ago
- RT @DrDJW: Veterans at the RAF Memorial on Defford Village Green. Remembering the fifty who died in crashes involving aircraft based at Def… 1 month ago